Eligibility & Enrollment
- Registration is only through the School Counselor. (grades 7-12) Students must be enrolled in a school to apply.
- Students must have a computer and software that meet system requirements.
- Greenville County Schools offers GCS students a variety of choices in flexible curriculum alternatives. GCVSP (Greenville County Virtual School Program) is an exciting and practical option highlighted on this website. (A link to VirtualSC, SC's online program for grades 9-12 is included in Documents & Resources)
- Many GCS schools and special programs such as the Fine Arts Center and Early College offer students the opportunity to take high school virtual courses through GCVSP for free during the school day as part of their schedule. See your School Counselor for information on schools offering this choice.
GCVS Course Offerings
Click on the link below to see GCVSP Current Course Offerings. (Not all courses are offered every term) To learn more about the schools and programs that "embed" courses for free, see your School Counselor.
Click on the subject area link below to see course descriptions in a particular content area or the syllabus for a particular course.
Coming in Summer! CYBER CITIZENSHIP; Spanish 3 CP & Honors; Sports/Entertain Mktg!
Please see your School Counselor for information regarding ONLINE PAYMENT. Parents must have a MySchoolBucks account to pay online. Other payment options are available.
Documents & Resources
- Computer Requirements
- PE 1 Technical Requirements
- GCSVP Middle School Options
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Student Application Packet
- Payment Instructions
- Proctor U Information | ProctorU Test Taker Handout | Proctor U Help Desk
- Drop/Withdrawal Guidelines
- VirtualSC Website
GCVSP courses fall under the SC Uniform Grading Policy for High School courses. Uniform Grading Policy (2017)
GCVSP courses are offered in CP(College Prep) and Honors levels for most classes and award one unit of credit unless noted otherwise.