Eligibility and Enrollment
- ALL students are required to pay for GCVSP courses (payment info is below).
- Registration is through the school counselor.
- Students must have a computer and software compatible to the course selected: see System Requirements and PE 1 Technical Requirements
- Non-district students interested in taking a virtual course should have their school counselor contact the GCVSP staff.
- In most cases, Fall & Spring Terms are approximately 13 weeks in length; Summer Term is approximately 7 weeks in length. Certain courses, such as Spanish 1, are yearlong (yearlong = Aug-May). and certain courses are only offered during specific terms. See course descriptions for details.
GCVSP Course offerings
Click on the appropriate link to see course descriptions.
Courses offered are subject to enrollment each term (Fall, Spring, Summer)
Most courses are offered in both CP and Honors levels (see course list)
Courses award one unit of credit and are one semester in length with the following exceptions:
- Econ and Govt award half units in Summer.
- During the school year Eng 1,Alg 1, US History, Spanish 1 and middle school Geometry are yearlong courses.
Middle School Course Offerings
Virtual courses are High School courses. This means that courses completed by eligible Middle School students are unit-bearing courses and award High School credit. Students are to receive permission from their school and meet the prerequisites to take a High School course. (See your school counselor for eligibility criteria)
Virtual High School courses fall under the Uniform Grading Policy of South Carolina.